Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please could someone identify what this is....(picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok wicked thanks heaps guys

so if i was going to make this circuit board again anyway, (mainly because of its large size and crappy soilder jobs) what should i modify/change?

thanks

Use a big heatsink, and after the diodes, use a large value capacitor like 1000uF to smooth out any ripple.(watch polarity of capacitor)

You could put terminal posts on the +12, +5 and GND rails for easy connection to circuits.

An LED (with current limiting resistor) on each output (+12,+5) to indicate that the voltage regulators are on and working.

If you use 12VAC your capacitor must be rated for at least 16V

Use thermal compound on regulators to ensure good thermal connection to heatsink.

Hope this helps:)

ok thanks man.

but i dont need any heatsink with what im using it for when i remake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back