Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help 18F252 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly for my project just use HS Crystal / Resonator. This means that with this type is necessarily involved in my scheme to pin 9 and 10 (OSC1 and OSC2) crystal (4MHz or other) and the capacitors C1 and C2 (15pF or other) and resistor RS. I do not understand why there is resistance Rs.
It is necessary to write the type of oscillator in the microprocessor code.
Please confirm or refute my thinking

Rs resistance is not necessary is you use an ordinary crystal generator.
when making a new project in mikro basic we will specify which crystal frequency to be used, so use a crystal which has the exact value as you specify.
make sure to pull up the MCLR pin of the pic before testing, and add a .01 uF capacitor between the power pins of the PIC for stabilizing it. use a 7805 regulator to supply it with the necessary voltage for functioning .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back