Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

sia

hi
I am a fourth year (7 semester) electronics and communication engineering student.
I have to built a project in this semester.Can you please suggest me some topic.I have already search electronics_lab.com & electonicsproject.com but could not find a suitable project.
I know c and c++.Can i make a project related to these languages.Plz help as nobody in my college is willing to help me.As only software company is coming for campus placement,i want to make a project which is a combination of electronics and sftware field.
Also i have only 40 days to make a project so plz give me a detail knowledge of the project and the related sites.thanking u.

sia said:
I know c and c++. Can i make a project related to these languages.

No?... :roll:

How can you ask a question like that if you really know C and C++? You can do anything with C and C++. You can write oven toaster software in C/C++. You can also write the following in C/C++ :

Code:
printf( "sia needs a serious kick in the rear end\r\n" );

Here's something to get you started. You studied electronics and communications for 3+ years. During those 3 years, when you were not studying or doing homeworks, what activities were you doing?

Take one of those activities, and try to apply your electronics knowledge to it. Even if all you did was drink, sleep or chase the girls around, you should be able to come up with good project ideas.

If not, consider a pizza delivery career.

hi
I am a fourth year (7 semester) electronics and communication engineering student.
I have to build a project in this semester...
I have already search electronics_lab.com & electonicsproject.com but could not find a suitable project.
I know c and c++.Can i make a project related to these languages.
Plz help as nobody in my college is willing to help me.
As only software company is coming for campus placement,i want to make a project which is a combination of electronics and software field.
Also i have only 40 days to make a project so plz give me a detail knowledge of the project and the related sites.thanking u.

Your very first move is to QUIT YOUR PROGRAM! :!:

You are telling us that you learned C and C++. How did you managed to get to semester 7 if C and C++ are all you have learned? :shock:

and how is it SO DIFFICULT to make ANY electronics project??? :?:

Here's one for you: :idea:

Connect a battery to a lamp. I'm sure you know how to do that. right?

Sure Sia, I'll do your project for you. I'll get right on to it, - I'll do the specification, design ideas etc, right through to the final product. I'll even post it for you free of charge. :).... I've been dieing for someone to ask..... can't wait....

Mike

I did a little C++ back in collage. :?

I wrote you this: :lol:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
int smart;

cout<<"On a scale of 0-100. How smart would you say you are for that post: ";
cin>> smart;
cin.ignore();
if ( smart < 100 ) {
cout<<"Why are you answering this question?\n";
}
else if ( smart == 100 ) {
cout<<"You are lying again\n";
}
else {
cout<<"Now your really lying\n";
}
cin.get();
}

Do you like it?

Maybe you could use it in your project. :D

Oh this thread is friggin hilarious.

First mistake is failing to give a topic under "topic". A topic is "Want project advice".

We've seen almost the exact same begging message over and over... I'm starting to think there's a form letter out there somewhere.

We can't just make up a project for you. We don't know what you're into. In fact the POINT of school projects is how to apply the knowledge you got from books to the world around you.

So think GPS, motor controllers, metering, humidity measurements, high voltage, magnetic resonance, liquid level measurement, electronic vision, keep thinking. When you have a project idea we'll be happy to help.

Oh by the way, you can't just go finding projects on project websites and use those. The idea is you design your own. NOT plagiarize other peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monkey trousers................

:eek:
lets give him a serious answer
you can make for ex. an EEPROM programmer via serial or parallel port or any other stuf that is connected to PC.

During my days in the college its was to program a game of "Life" using C, on a 640K memory PC running DOS. Who's "universal" is the biggest got the most marks.

Nowsaday the popular choice is to interface the PC wirelessly with a PIC/microcontroller which in turn interfaced to a GPS module to give the position data back to the PC. So someone can take the battery powered GPS module and go for a walk and a blinking spot then displays his location on a map of the college campus. Using a pair of walkie talkie, the location of person can be confirmed in real time if required.

Trust me, it makes for very good presentation when all the teacers/lecturers come to giving marks to your project.

And finally, if you can't pull it off, because you are lazy, time-pressed, have had too many beers, devoted most of your time to horticulture(grass, weed etc..), too many social evenings with your GF, then there are a thousand ways that you can cheat in a setup like that.

common guys, do you really thing a student in the 7th sem can actually design a full project. It is a real rare case where someone would design without the internet.
Ofcource im not encouraging him but these are facts.

I would suggest sia to not search for projects on the net but instead search for research papers such as fingerprint recognition etc from some good sites like IEEE ( if your college provides you a membership. These papers have the basic Idea and the mathematics required. All you have to do is impliment that paper using your skills of C and C++ and your project is ready. Many of my students have implimented voice recognition and fingerprint recoginition from such journal papers and have gained more knowledge than those who claim to build projects. So just find a proper paper you are interested in and impliment it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back