Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PNP Transistor Switch for Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

igorgumush

hi ,
Im trying to make a 7 USB-hub that controled from a pc. with arduino

i want to use a transistor as a switch for every usb out voltage , in the way that when a signal came from arduino (5V , 40mA) usb voltage can pass.

usb out (transistor input / out) should support (5v , 500mA) ,
-----
I want to use , transistor array , but couldn't find any that fit
maby some one here can help me ?
or suggest other solution ?

Use a PFET. Note the VCE(sat) voltage drop across the PNP vs the on-resistance of the PFET. Your USB devices will not be happy on 4.6V. V2 and V4 represent the Arduino Port Pin voltages.

The Arduino Vss will have to be connected to the negative side of the USB Hub's 5V supply. Is that ok? If not, you will need an opto-isolator.

Attachments

• D22.jpg
    D22.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Be aware, p channel mosfets are turned on by taking their gate pin low with respect to their source pin.

So they will be OFF when the arduino pin is at 5V, and ON when the arduino pin is at zero volts.

Be aware, p channel mosfets are turned on by taking their gate pin low with respect to their source pin.

So they will be OFF when the arduino pin is at 5V, and ON when the arduino pin is at zero volts.

thanks for the information , didnt know that , it's still good enough for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back