Power conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandan

Respcted sir I am manikandan from chennai study in DECE.Now I built a project like electronic invention.So,I want to some circuit idea such as how can convert the sound energy like speech into power with using IC.We will built about that battery is charged in human speech.

Using your stereo at a comfortable sound level the max power emitted from the loudspeakers is about 250mW. You have to have an army shouting out to produce the amount of sound necessary to convert to electric power strong enough to charge a battery.

If you place a microphone at your lips and scream, its output power will be about 16.6uW. Distance and less sound volume reduces the power.

A little 9V rechargeable battery needs a charging power of 135mW for 14 hours.
So you would need an army of 16,000 people screaming alternately into 8,000 microphones for 14 hours to charge the little battery.

the only similar thing you can do with a microphone and voltage is something like using the picked up volume to cxontrol a bulbs brightness you vcan't use a mic as a source of alternative energy (unless you intend spending your life under a rocket launching pad !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…