Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power problems

texas dave

I recently got interested in ebikes/mopeds. after some searching I decided that until I learned more about the subject, I am not going to spend thousands up front. the lead acid batteries that came with it are junk. here is a solution that I think can work. The moped I bought is 36 volt 1000 watt motor with a 750 watt controller . three lead acid batteries. 12 volt 10 WH . I want get either a 36 volt generater or power supply. Also I thought about a power bank. I could get a emergency power bank like they use to start vehicle and strip it down of all the stuff I don"t need.....
All I really need is to be able to charge and store 36 volts ?? watts. Also and this is what I worry about getting right.. I need it to switch from batteries to alt. power source automatically so Can charge the batteries. just like a car...
I know this seems like a lot of problems and expense but it is worth it and as soon as I get it worked out and tested. I will move everything over to a adult trike.... that will be great to have one that is unlimited to miles...
So my questions are would it be better to use a power supply, 36 volt generator or to use a power bank.. something like this might help..
truecharge2 battery chargers...

I also thought about using a gasoline generator and inverter but I really don't want gas motor.. Any Ideals or advise?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back