Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PP3 to 2CR5 possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconbutty

I am living in a fairly remote place and need to get 2CR5 batteries for a flash slave on a regular basis. These things are $20 a pop when they become available... so, thinking it may be possible to utilise a PP3 with it's output divided down from 9V to 6V, but was wondering if anything like this has been tried?

I would use back a 2CR5 casing with original batts removed.

I'm also considering that a potential divider cct would draw current even if the device using power is not switched on. Would a simple toggle switch suffice in such circumstances or is there something better?

Feasible? Any/all comments welcomed.

I'm thinking that the 9V Alkaline will have a tough time supplying the peak current (listed here) that the 2CR5 Lithium is being asked to deliver. You would have to measure the peak current demand. A Low-Drop-Out 5V 1A regulator chip can convert the nominal 9V to 5V.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, hadn't considered a regulator... will measure the current and update. Noticed there are some PP3 Lithium batts available now. Will check their characteristics as well as space to fit 5x rechargeable AAAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back