Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Priority circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

1200wingnut

I am the owner of an 84 Honda Gold Wing which has no communication installed. I will be fitting a CB radio, MP3 player, Garmin GPS and an intercom between rider and passenger. All four units have an audio output but the Crash helmets have only one input to the head phones.
I am looking for a circuit that will give me four inputs with one output and will prioritize ie.
Input 1 Highest priority = GPS This will shut off inputs 2,3 and 4
Input 2 Second priority = CB This will shut off inputs 3 and 4
Input 3 Third priority = Intercom This will shut off input 4
Input 4 Last priority = MP3 player.
can anybody provide me with a circuit that I can use.

"Priority", as in the presence of one signal switches off another, is a bit difficult to put together.

Why not just mix them all together? If one of them produces no sound, it won't affect the others. Best way to do this is an inverting amp, TL082 will do the job nicely. Just apply any number of inputs, with a resistor in series with each source, to the inverting input. The resistor will set the volume for that source and a feedback resistor from the output back to the inverting terminal will set the overall gain. You will probably need a capacitor in series with the sources and output too, if you want to avoid needing a negative voltage supply (this is desirable).

1200wingnut , I have a fairly basic circuit that can do what you want but I cannot export anything but DXF format drawings. Is there anyone who can give me a copy of format translators (dxf to gif, jpeg) or just translate a dxf drawing?

TillEulenspiegel
Is it possible to send the DXF drawing and I will try and get it translated or display it under DXF format.

1200wingnut

err, you should be able to open the DXF file (in what ever program you use to view these), and then press the print screen button, then open a graphics program, click 'paste', and save as a jpeg, gif, etc.

Tim

Many thanks for the interest shown.
I have found my answer and for others that are inerested can be found at

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back