Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_1986

well, my project is for a random head/tail generator and using an i-matrix display i need to alternate between a T and an H and then have a button to stop the cycle and display either symbol.
To do this i have made up a circuit invlving a clock, a counter and some logic so each column will get a pulse one after the other. i can a make a T or an H but i dont know how to get them to alternate or how to connect in a button to stop them, can anyone help me ?

Use a JK Flip Flop and connect Vcc to the J and K inputs via a 10k resistor. The push button is connected from the J & K to ground and the oscillator to the clock input. The Q output will change from High to Low at half the oscillator frequency. It will stop at H or L at random when the button is pressed.

The reason for the FF is to create a 50/50 mark to space ratio so the probability of a Head or Tail is equal. (the mark to space ratio of the oscillator is unlikely to be exactly 50/50)

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back