Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project on utilisation of sound energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that a sound canon blow compressed air into it and it produces a wall shatering sound ? like jerico in the bible ?

there was a french scientist that did something of the sort and gave up experiments cause of the damage he might cause does anybody know any more ?

It was actually a large sound collector for locating enemy planes and directing antiaircraft fire at it. A passive sonar thing. Japan was very far behind on radar in WWII thus the bizzare acoustic solution.

Although hoaxsters claimed it fired sound waves as a weapon, sort of a "Tuba of Mass Destruction", it's not true. But man it's one fantastic looking device.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_War_Tuba

I suppose thats an orchestra director's baton that Hirohito is holding?!

They should use those at football games instead of the parabolic microphones.

oh yea thats right my grandad told me about them in england. they then turned to radar. yes that was a clever idea just goes to show what you can do without electronics

Thunderchild said:
...just goes to show what you can do without electronics

Ya, like waste a ton of time, money, resources, and still get lousy results.

well before there were the elctronics to do it i mean. we in modern times think that before elctronics the world got by quite badly but there were many acurate alternative ways of doing it we don't even imagine. just that electronics is cheaper faster and smaller

Thunderchild said:
there was a french scientist that did something of the sort and gave up experiments cause of the damage he might cause does anybody know any more ?

Dr. Gavreau designed and tested special horns and "whistles" of various volumes. These were each remarkably simple flat circular resonant cavities, having a side output duct. They were simply the large analogues of foghorns and police whistles. These flat forms were volumetrically reduced in successive design stages because it was found that their output was far too great. The infrasonic foghorns could produce a frightening two kilowatts of infrasonic energy, at a pitch of one hundred fifty cycles per second.
**broken link removed**
http://www.moveleft.com/moveleft_es...rk_police_will_be_armed_with_sound_device.asp

indian_tiger said:
Hello everyone
I was thinking og making a prohect in which i use sound energy and convert it to electrical energy and then use this energy for some electrical purposes like glowing an electrical bulb. I want to ask u all if it is feasible and how can i go abt it so as to make a successful project.
:) :) :) :)

a speaker diaphram should and will vibrate according to the noise in the surrounding and u can power something with that .. possibly for powering micropower or nano power ckts..

i have read an article about recharging laptop batteries - and the power is from the sound of flowing water through pipes!!!!

u may get more power if u can capture the change in atm: pressure .

akg said:
a speaker diaphram should and will vibrate according to the noise in the surrounding and u can power something with that .. possibly for powering micropower or nano power ckts..

i have read an article about recharging laptop batteries - and the power is from the sound of flowing water through pipes!!!!

u may get more power if u can capture the change in atm: pressure .
means i have to get some ciruits to convert pressure to power. But i dont know how they charged laptops with sound of flowing water through pipes. Do u have some piece of more info on that. Would be more than happy to have it as it can be a major boost in my project.

And guys lets come to reality terms and forget about building those giant japanese things. For that i know one thing that whether they generate power or not but they will surely generate enough power to blow off my ears :):):)

I find it not much more than an amusing joke that you can charge a laptop battery with the sound of water in a pipe (yea a pipe at that). perhaps you could come forward with some proof of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back