Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proving Copyright Infringement On Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a backdoor that does not require enriching lawyers at your expense for YOUR IP.
I am looking at a backdoor that requires a PIN code at regular intervals. perhaps quarterly for registered owners or registered lessees. That PIN code works by the device producing a random hex 4 digit, which when submitted to a website (which requires the valid login supplied with each device) then returns the valid PIN code.
The user has 2 attempts to enter the PIN into the device correctly or a new random hex will be produced requiring a new PIN etc. Any registered user making attempts on the website more frequent than req'd for the same device will get flagged and a 1 day delay inserted before the next PIN request is accepted and I get an alert msg.
Then i can determine what's going on, and deny a valid PIN if I so determine, effectively disabling the (fake?) product.

Sounds workable?

When I first came here I ported Nigel's code to use it to control a mouse that I added 3 wheels to and for the 12f675 I posted the hex and the code I think here some where
it used a ir remote to control it's movement the volume keys and channel keys of a sony remote. about three years ago I was at radio shack and they had a ball like toy with 2 wheels and it used ir for it too but what got me was you could see the chip inside it was a 12f675 I got one took it apart and the hex on it is the same hex as mine and it works the same as the one I made same hex and I disassemble it same asm code as mine

Yes, a backdoor that does not require enriching lawyers at your expense for YOUR IP.
I am looking at a backdoor that requires a PIN code at regular intervals. perhaps quarterly for registered owners or registered lessees. That PIN code works by the device producing a random hex 4 digit, which when submitted to a website (which requires the valid login supplied with each device) then returns the valid PIN code.
The user has 2 attempts to enter the PIN into the device correctly or a new random hex will be produced requiring a new PIN etc. Any registered user making attempts on the website more frequent than req'd for the same device will get flagged and a 1 day delay inserted before the next PIN request is accepted and I get an alert msg.
Then i can determine what's going on, and deny a valid PIN if I so determine, effectively disabling the (fake?) product.

Sounds workable?

Hello,

Sure, if you dont mind pestering your honest customers like Microsoft does with their 'activation' key.

There are other ways but i cant say what they are because then other companies would know my methods, that's if i have any methods, maybe i do, maybe i dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back