Proving Copyright Infringement On Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a backdoor that does not require enriching lawyers at your expense for YOUR IP.
I am looking at a backdoor that requires a PIN code at regular intervals. perhaps quarterly for registered owners or registered lessees. That PIN code works by the device producing a random hex 4 digit, which when submitted to a website (which requires the valid login supplied with each device) then returns the valid PIN code.
The user has 2 attempts to enter the PIN into the device correctly or a new random hex will be produced requiring a new PIN etc. Any registered user making attempts on the website more frequent than req'd for the same device will get flagged and a 1 day delay inserted before the next PIN request is accepted and I get an alert msg.
Then i can determine what's going on, and deny a valid PIN if I so determine, effectively disabling the (fake?) product.

Sounds workable?

When I first came here I ported Nigel's code to use it to control a mouse that I added 3 wheels to and for the 12f675 I posted the hex and the code I think here some where
it used a ir remote to control it's movement the volume keys and channel keys of a sony remote. about three years ago I was at radio shack and they had a ball like toy with 2 wheels and it used ir for it too but what got me was you could see the chip inside it was a 12f675 I got one took it apart and the hex on it is the same hex as mine and it works the same as the one I made same hex and I disassemble it same asm code as mine

Hello,

Sure, if you dont mind pestering your honest customers like Microsoft does with their 'activation' key.

There are other ways but i cant say what they are because then other companies would know my methods, that's if i have any methods, maybe i do, maybe i dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…