Real drawing current of a transistor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

woutnme

Hi im new in this site, i have a bad english im sorry for that. My question how i can define a real power can draw my MOSFET or IGBT, im working in a project and have half bridge, actually to compensate the "dont know" i oversize the modules but actually want know how much can draw my modules, actually i use a 2MBI150U2060A 150A 600V working at 40khz at 12 Amp, i control the inrush current with a soft start, this module drive a tranformer 10:10 with a series capacitor of 10uF eachone (typically configuration Halfbride) this work really fine never blow one, but im trying to change to other low cost IGBT like the APT30GT60B i try but this blow knowing the charasteritics are around 25A@40Khz@400VDC really dont understand i use a FQA24N50 like FREEWHEEL-DIODE (without gate connection)
If any body can help me pls im very glad for your time.

Thanks

My reply dont posted, has maked 2 replys and dont posted, the first have 1 day ago and the othe r6 hours.....

Pls post my replys

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly, the original 150A, 600V transistors work fine, but the new 25A, 400V transistors blow. Is that correct?

If so, that likely means either the current or the voltage rating of the new transistor is being exceeded. I suggest you try to measure the voltage and current with an oscilloscope to see what's happening.

A schematic of you circuit would be helpful to better understand its operation.

It may also be possible that the pinouts are different, and you have mixed them up.

crutschow:
the original are 150Amp@25º Continuos mode. the APT30gt60BRD are 100Amp@25º COntinuos mode, at 40Khz@24Amp@400VDC
maybe i need recalculate the RCD snubber to this, maybe need use freewheel diode more fast. Pls reply with any idea u have.
About the pinout discard that, one are module 232 and other are TO 247 package.

Thanks for read it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…