Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Realtime resource management project:

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

REAL TIME RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION AS A CASE IN OPEN CAST MINING

THE IDEA:
Well thats the idea. the objective is to design a system, which can track,locate and display real time objects in a specified area.The real implementation of system may be for an area of say 5 KM square. But the objective is to implement the same for a 1 meter square area.

WHY NEEDED:
In an opencast mining project, various machinery,trucks,and human workforce are considered as resources.
For the control, the communication is established by various unit via wireless links. However it is not possible to centralize all the resource information on a real time basis.
Such system will increase the efficiency of resource management by providing real time position and production details, which is very crucial in mining industry.

The options:
I aim to design a system which can track the resource element on realtime basis and display the same graphically at the control. Also it should have a two way communication from the resource.
there can be many options which can be explored, however the immediate aim is to resolve the position of an object and display it on realtime basis.

Guys, i request for your help in this project. I need inputs for various stages of the system.
but first, lets start with the technique to resolve position of an object.
Please take note of the image attached. A two tower system can be used to resolve the exact position of the object. but as i am a third year student, i am not aware of how to do it. If it requires something which i don't know as of yet, i am ready to learn.
so, please share your ideas for resolving the position of an object.
**broken link removed**

The logical, current technology for location would seem to be differential GPS.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back