Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

recording to flash memory project

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleclee

hi, im doing this project and im new to electronics so im learning as im doing it. i want to create a circuit which can record from a mic to flash memory, i need 192kbps sampling rate. and want the microcontroller ( if thats what i require to to time and date stamp the recordings) as i understand i need to go . mic-------adc--------microcontroller----------flash memory. is this right and does anyone know the best way to go about it please?

do i need to manually program the microcontroller myself or can i download a program and load it in?

cheers nigel, you say common microcontrollers but there must be some out there that can do it? if not what other options do i have, can i run 2 in parralel? halving the work load of each microcontroller. excuse my ignorance if this is crazy talk but like i said im learning as i go along.

put down a CPLD/FPGA, small FPGA's are quite cheap these days

A 16mhz micro controller should be able to handle throwing a few bytes a round at 192khz. Though 192khz 16bit audio is going to fill up something like 375kb's a second, or a gig in 45 minutes, so the speed of the flash memory write itself would be a determining factor. This would not allow you ANY kind of processing though, the MCU would be hard up to just to route the data and have a few cycles left over for housekeeping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back