Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

request circuit for rpr-220 photoeye

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeild

The circuits I have tried have only yeilded a output voltage change from .2V to .5V Any help would be appreciated. I am attaching the circuit that I have tried to use and also the data sheet for the sensor that I am using.

Attachments

• rpr-220 circuit.pdf
    41.5 KB · Views: 457
  • rpr-220.pdf
    58 KB · Views: 300
hi yeild,
Looked at the spec and cct diagram, from what I can tell the change will
be small.

How are testing it to get the voltage change you posted ?

All I could find is a 'test cct'. Is this the way you are testing?

EricG

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

The test circuit pdf is how I am currently testing it. I will be hooking the Vout signal on the schematic to a input on a 8051 microcontroller.

I don't see anything wrong with the test schematic. Your drive LED bias current is fine. The collector load is fairly high, so you shouldn't have a gain problem. It should switch between 0 and 5 volts. You may have these problems:

- incorrect wiring of components
- too much light entering the sensor at all times. Try blocking all light from the sensor to see if the transistor will then switch off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back