Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sample and hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

llbhll

Hello,
I am currently using ltspice to try and build a sample and hold circuit. However, I have no idea how to start as I do not know whether I need to use the symbol from ltspice? when i do not use the symbol, they give me an error unknown subcircuit called in: xu1 etc etc. Can somebody help me? anw, is there a sample sample and hold circuit which i can refer to to design my sample and hold using ltspice?

llbhll

The circuit above gives little or no sense.

For example - I can see two transistors but the pinouts is a mess. Please rearange the drawing. Make some space between the components.

There is a lot wrong with it.

Bipolar transistors cannot be used as a sample and hold switch because of their Vcesat and their base current. You can use J-Fets and MosFets without a body diode. Fets with a body diode are tricky to use; you need two in-series connected Drain-to-Drain or Source-to-Source.

The opamp should be wired as a voltage follower. Since the input swings positive and negative, the opamp must run on split power supplies, like +10V and -10V. A voltage follower's input is the non-inverting input. The output pin is tied to the inverting input.

Are you aware there is a "sample" model in the "Special functions" folder?

Before trying to build a Sample and Hold circuit, I suggest you read a tutorial about op amps as it would appear you don't understand how they work. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back