Saving a sound file onto an IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through the datasheet.. this chip is only for recording from a mic correct? not a PC
Just feed the output of the sound card into the mic input of the chip via an attenuator.

kchriste said:
Just feed the output of the sound card into the mic input of the chip via an attenuator.

I would therefore need to find my sound cards output impedance to configure the attenuator correct?

I have tried to find its hm: in system/hardware/device manager but could not.

Is there a standard output for sound cards.. its integrated stock output from the motherboard.

Peter_wadley said:
I would therefore need to find my sound cards output impedance to configure the attenuator correct?

No you don't need to know, essentially it's a line output and has a fairly low impedance (in fact, as they can feed headphones, it's even lower than most line outputs)

I have tried to find its hm: in system/hardware/device manager but could not.

Is there a standard output for sound cards.. its integrated stock output from the motherboard.

No need, it's not needed to make an attenuator - all you need is a simple series resistor - try something like 470K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…