Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selling 10 tubes of PIC16F84A (10 IC's per tube)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 100 PIC16F84A in stock, those who want to buy in volumes may contact me, these IC's were the excess in our order so we have to sell them.

Thanks.

PM me your best offer price.

Where are you from?
If you're too far away then transport will probably cost more the the chip's are worth :(

are they DIPs?
what methof of payment?
and yea from where are you?
is this some king of a scam?

DIP's payment is via bank, I am from the Philippines. Btw, thanks for the offer.

csaba911 said:
Put it on eBay and I'll pay by PAYPAL !! $1/PIC
In case you forget to ship it out at least eBay/paypal pay$ me back !!

:lol:

$1/PIC ?? wow talking about cheap....

You seem dismayed at the $1/piece offer.

As Nigel will tell you, the 84 is obsolete and has been replaced by the 16F628, which has twice the memory, an internal oscillator, and voltage comparators, for a lower price. It's the same physical size and pinout, and anything that runs in an 84 will run on a 628 with a tiny modification that takes seconds to copy and paste. There's no reason not to use a 628. Ever. https://www.mouser.com has 628's for $1.73 for individual units. Talk about cheap indeed. No one will be paying you over that price for the 84's. Unless they're gold plated maybe. :)

yep it shod be les then $1 per chip!I think these things arent even in production anymore!

or is this a scam to get cash?

Someone Electro said:
yep it shod be les then $1 per chip!I think these things arent even in production anymore!

I think production stopped years ago, which is why the price of the few MicroChip have left are expensive - to discourage their use.

I would have thought an offer of $1 per chip would have been accepted with a large smile on his face :lol:

If anyone wants any PIC16C57XT's, I've got 200+ in tubes I can't bear to throw away :cry:

mysemcon2000 said:
LOL, now I know why this board is going own the drain. Nyahahahah
People spamming it peddling old stuff then snubbing an offer :?:

For how much are you ofering them nigel? (as i seean the datasheet they look wery good but the RAM is a litle letdown)
edit:
meaby$1 per chip since these things dont have EEPROM,PWM,ADC...

btw:
did you guys see those IR tags on C bit.I like the idea of them(you pin it on and the tag comunicater whith IR and puts in memory IDs of other tages that has came in the IR range.)

Someone Electro said:
For how much are you ofering them nigel? (as i seean the datasheet they look wery good but the RAM is a litle letdown)

I'll tell you the story! - I was given them, by a guy who took over an industrial unit that had previously been used by a company making satellite decryption cards.

I don't have a programmer capable of programming them (as they are parallel programmed), but I gave one to an old friend with a PICStart+, who confirmed they are blank, and programmed one.

I'm not out to make money from them, it just seems a shame to throw them away - so if anyone wants to come and fetch them, and buy me a beer! - they are welcome!.

If they need posting I would need payment for the cost, and a small amount for the trouble parcelling them up.

Hi Nigel, I'm living in France and I would like to take them all. How much are postage fees ? I'll send you a payapl money tranfer .

bluex_scf said:
Hi Nigel, I'm living in France and I would like to take them all. How much are postage fees ? I'll send you a payapl money tranfer .

The chips are at work, I'll have a count tomorrow how many there are, and try and find out what postage would be.

There's also someone else interested, so I'll probably split them!.

They have ICSP,in DIP pakeges and its 28 pin. right? (thats what i got from the datasheet)

i cod use 10 or 20 of them.As for the shiping it dosent need to be fast yust the cheapest posible (the shiping for a cuple of PICs from USA costed just $1.70)as for payment wod it be posible to pay you wen it arives in cash?

meaby for $4 (shod cover the postage and let you about $1-3 for you)

edit:good luck becoming a moderator

btw:
never ben on ebay.

:p

Someone Electro said:
They have ICSP,in DIP pakeges and its 28 pin. right? (thats what i got from the datasheet)

As far as I'm aware they are parallel programmed only?, but MicroChip no longer list the programming specifications, so I can't be sure - however IC-Prog doesn't list it!.

WinPic dosent have it ether but it has an uknown option so you can enter its chareacteristics.

is it a special kind of this model.Il go get the datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back