Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shaver transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

I recently pulled the 240-110v transformer from an old shaver light/transformer wall unit. Anyone have an idea what the VA of the transformer is likely to be?

Cheers :)

My Philips shaver uses a 115VAC motor with no transformer. it is about 40 years old and recently its carbon brushes wore out but are not available anymore. The repair place machined some other brushes to fit at a low cost and the shaver works like new.

They are normally trickle charge to NiCd batteries, in OLD shavers.

100mA or so is typical, you might be able to get 200mA DC from the transformer. Just test it and see how hot it gets.

Around what I thought then. Hotness test was what I was going to try if no-one answered!

Rating is probably ~20VA, according to a quick google:
**broken link removed**

Okay thanks for that - I even looked on that site - a little too quickly it seems! Looks like it's going to have to sit in my junk box for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back