Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shshshshshs on Out put

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
That's specifically for an electret mike, I thought you had a dynamic one?.

Yes mine is dynamic.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What impedance is it?,

Nothing is written on it

Nigel Goodwin said:
and is it balanced or not?.

How to check ?

Thanks

I betcha it is a balanced mic with an XLR connector.

Plug it into the mains and if I am right then it will light up (and make a lot of smoke). It might make a brief buzz just before it dies.

audioguru said:
That circuit uses the 10k input resistor to power an electret mic. The circuit will work with a dynamic mic if the 10k resistor is removed.

Thanks for suggestion,

audioguru said:
Use a TL071 single opamp instead of the TL072 dual opamp. Its pins are different, see its datasheet.

I thought of combining this circuit outputs ( in parallel ) and connecting them into input of reverb circuit !? is that wrong ?:eek:

audioguru said:
Use a mixer circuit and more preamps if you want more than a single microphone.

can i use this:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com...nitaure-fm-transmitter.32893/?highlight=mixer

Thanks

Nigel Goodwin said:
What make is the mike?, and what type of connector does it have?.

attaced are two pictures of the used MIC. it is moving coil TOA DM-1200. 600:eek:hm: .

Attachments

• Image043.JPG
    Image043.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Image044.JPG
    Image044.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 165
aljamri said:
I thought of combining this preamp circuit output ( in parallel) and connecting them into input of reverb circuit !? is that wrong?
One preamp's output can connect to the input of the reverb circuit. If you have more than one microphone then each one needs to have its own preamp.
You cannot short the preamp outputs together, they must feed the inputs of a mixer circuit that feeds the reverb circuit.

It is very simple and attenuates the signals. You need a mixer made with an inverting opamp.

aljamri said:
attached are two pictures of the used MIC. It is moving coil TOA DM-1200. 600:eek:hm: .
I was right!
Told ya so. Told ya so. Told ya so. Told ya so. Told ya so. Told ya so. Told ya so. Told ya so.

Make a video of the smoke.

I am very new to AUDIO stuff, do you mean it is not good, i bought it for more than $50 ? if so what type do you suggest for me ? not for the best, but what will give better than this ( only for voice and not for music ).

Your TOA microphone is fine. It is balanced with an XLR connector so buy a matching XLR jack and wire it as unbalanced if your cable is a couple of meters or less short length.

Your TOA amplifier has a balanced mic input on its preamp. It is too bad that it doesn't have a switch for you to use its preamp in your arrangement.

audioguru said:
Your TOA microphone is fine. It is balanced with an XLR connector so buy a matching XLR jack and wire it as unbalanced if your cable is a couple of meters or less short length.

Yes i bought one and it works fine without my circuit, when i put my circuit in between, hiss appears. I removed the battery from my circuit and the hiss still there.

My cable is more than 5 meters, is that bad ?

The microphone needs to feed a preamp that is designed for a dynamic mic then its output level is well above the level of the hiss. Then your reverb circuit can feed a line input on the power amplifier so the hiss is not amplified.

If your mic cable doesn't pickup mains hum then its length is fine.

When you remove the battery from your reverb circuit then it should not produce sound, not even hiss.
If you unplug the output of the reverb circuit from the input (which input?) of the power amplifier then is there still hiss?

audioguru said:
If your mic cable doesn't pickup mains hum then its length is fine.

No it is not piking up any hum

audioguru said:
When you remove the battery from your reverb circuit then it should not produce sound, not even hiss.
If you unplug the output of the reverb circuit from the input (which input?) of the power amplifier then is there still hiss?

In fact i tested that once, but i'm not sure, i'll set the system up again, test it and let you know.

Thanks for your replyssssssssssssssss.;)

jumides said:
[where did you connect your preamp output ( aux or mic input )?

No, it is connected into MIC input. I tried AUX once but sounds very low.

Thanks

jumides said:
where did you connect your preamp output ( aux or mic input )?
He doesn't have a preamp. He has this reverb circuit that has a gain of only 1.
If its input is non-inverting then I would increase the gain of the first opamp so it is a preamp.

aljamri said:
No, it is connected into MIC input. I tried AUX once but sounds very low.

Thanks

It needs to plug into the AUX input (or at least a guitar input), as we keep telling you, add a mike preamp BEFORE the reverb/echo circuit to get to the correct signal level. This is what is causing ALL your problems, not using it correctly.

look at your circuit there's no gain control, audio coming from (input) ic2b then out to ic2b going to resistor 24k then going to input(ic2a) then out ic2a output directly connected to you mic input . which means that signal are to high for mic input, all noise will be amplified generated by opamp. level (100k) controls a reverb section.

like nigel said, you need a preamp, if your going to connect your reverb to aux .

audioguru said:
He doesn't have a preamp. He has this reverb circuit that has a gain of only 1.
If its input is non-inverting then I would increase the gain of the first opamp so it is a preamp.

thanks
I made my mistake, I'm pointing to his reverb.

hi audioguru,nigel
correct me, if I'm wrong. with my analysis

jumides said:
signal is too high for mic input
No.
The signal from the mic is too low for this reverb circuit which normally has line level signals at least 60 times higher. So the noise from this circuit is amplified at least 60 times by the mic preamp that it feeds.

hi audioguru,

audioguru said:
No.
The signal from the mic is too low for this reverb circuit which normally has line level signals at least 60 times higher. So the noise from this circuit is amplified at least 60 times by the mic preamp that it feeds.

I agree with you,

forgive me, some mistake again!!, :)
I just want to help mr aljamri.

it should be like this,

" look at your circuit there's no gain control, audio coming from (input) ic2b (tl072)then out to ic2b(tl072) going to resistor 24k then going to input(ic2a) then out ic2a output directly connected to your mic input(pa amplifier) . which means that signal from the reverb(opamp) are to high for mic input(PA amplifier) , all noise generated by opamp(TL072) will be amplified by mic input(pa amp). level (100k) controls a reverb section. "

thanks for reply.

Attachments

• pre amp.png
    pre amp.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back