Some newb questions + making a mini stroboscope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your circuit is missing the DC to AC converter. A boost switching supply would be applicable, but why not get modern and use a bright LED instead of the xenon tube?

I thought the inverter transformer converts DC to AC (at least that's what it says on the product page, click the link).

Russlk said:
Your circuit is missing the DC to AC converter. A boost switching supply would be applicable, but why not get modern and use a bright LED instead of the xenon tube?

Probably because a xenon tube is a million times brighter?.

I don't think an LED flashing in a night club would give much of an effect, or assuming it's for a timing light it's still much, much brighter using a tube.

I think the inverter transformer is meant to be used with an actual inverter. By itself, it will not produce any AC.

Also, you need a rectifier before C1; otherwise C1 will short your transformer secondary.

Finally, you need some way to trigger the pulse transformer. Simply adding a capacitor across the primary of T2 will not help. You actually have to add a circuit which will periodically discharge C2 into T2 primary to get the high voltage to trigger the Xenon tube.

Jem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…