Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

I need help regarding a sound horn to focus sound at 2Khz with a conical beam of 30degrees or less. I have searched a lot but most horns provide 40x20 or 60x20 disperse . Can any guru help me understand to make both angles equal i.e 20x20 or 30x30 disperse.

Thanks in advance
-D

Excellent article with lots of references at wikipidia "horn loudspeaker" To get a desired pattern several horns are stacked or splayed, Or you take a mulicell and put a sock into undesired cells to alter the pattern. E

To make both angles similar, the horn must be physically symetrical. It's that simple.

Does this depends on its length and flair? . If I choose a pipe and mount a speaker at its rear its not at all directed , is there someting else to it?

First off: I have to check my spelling befor I post. Mulicell should have been multi-cell
Second: The original poster did not state if this was a project for a toy, vacuum-cleaner or a 50,000 seat arena.
Please tell us what your goal is!
E

First off: I have to check my spelling befor I post. Mulicell should have been multi-cell
Second: The original poster did not state if this was a project for a toy, vacuum-cleaner or a 50,000 seat arena.
Please tell us what your goal is!
E

Its for Longthrow of waves upto about 450meter directed 30deg conical ,this is to address a parade. I have researched but directing pattern of 15H,15V is still a confusion. Any topic showing how beam focusing horn is made shall be appritiated . Multi-cell I checked here'http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?13637-DIY-horn-multicell-(18-cell)'looks like spreading waves 180deg .

Did you you try the link I posted on post# 5, information there for designing horns.??

In the past, I have had success just using two Valcom 120°H by 90°V horns to provide coverage ahead and to both sides. It wasn’t a parade but, the noise level and area of coverage was about the same.

The angle of coverage is basically the angle from the throat to the start of the flare. The longer the horn, the more accurate it is going to be in maintaining the dispersion angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back