Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

moki

:) Does anyone have any ideas on sound generation? Years ago there used to be a chip called SN76477. One could generate almost any sound by varying cap and resistor values. This is now obsolete. I need to generate the sound of a boat, car train, horse etc. What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this?

moki said:
:) Does anyone have any ideas on sound generation? Years ago there used to be a chip called SN76477. One could generate almost any sound by varying cap and resistor values. This is now obsolete. I need to generate the sound of a boat, car train, horse etc. What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this?

Since you are not likely to find a sound chip with all the right sound syou need, I think the next best thing is one of those sound recorder IC's that let you download a mono wave into its ram and it can drive audio amp / small speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back