Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound mimic project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try one of these:

Attachments

• Basil.JPG
    Basil.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 127
Looks just like the 2 African Greys I used to have. The one could talk in sentences! Amazingly intelligent birds.

As for this mimicking device, perhapsm a synthesizer of some sort? Or PC based software and a good audio card? Now, after reading both the first and third posts, I'm beginning to not understand!!! Sheesh!:confused:

HiTech said:
Looks just like the 2 African Greys I used to have. The one could talk in sentences! Amazingly intelligent birds.

Yes it is an African Grey Parrot.
Its name is Basil, even though it is female!
It does talk quite a lot when it is in the mood, like yours it can probably string a sentence together better than some of the posters we get here!

JimB

JimB said:
... like yours it can probably string a sentence together better than some of the posters we get here!JimB
Isn't that the truth!:(

We recently sold both of ours (male & female) since they were mating age and starting to buddy up, plus it's not healthy for females to lay unfertilized eggs for long. The female was very vocal and she was the one who spoke at length. Even would mimick the telephone EXACTLY! There were a number of times I'd pick up the phone only to hear a dial tone! Then she got smart on that and would imitate the ringing sound, followed by, "hello, hold on for a minute".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back