Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sourcing a small 16x1/16x2 LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been trying to source a small 16x1,16x2 or 16x4 HD44780 or compatible LCD display. I would like it to be a well known supplier that people know are are reliable. I have found lots of results however i need the display to have small characters that have the approximate size of a standard 4x20 display just not as many digits.

I need the lcd to be small because it is going into a remote control that only has a width of ≈79mm. I also do not want the text to be over empowering of the remote itself

Thanks, Dave

I had a look at that display and even know it looks great I was still thinking on a text LCD. I have recently noticed that the size i would like is the size that are used in some vending machines and some HP Laser printers.

Thanks for your suggestion though,

Dave

Hello,

I have been trying to source a small 16x1,16x2 or 16x4 HD44780 or compatible LCD display. I would like it to be a well known supplier that people know are are reliable. I have found lots of results however i need the display to have small characters that have the approximate size of a standard 4x20 display just not as many digits.

I need the lcd to be small because it is going into a remote control that only has a width of ≈79mm. I also do not want the text to be over empowering of the remote itself

Thanks, Dave

Dave,
I use a small module from RS.. It's 16x2, very small, and easy to use.. Got one on my rocketry flight computer.. Nice little display.

Theale | Optoelectronics and Displays | Displays | LCD Displays - Alphanumeric | Alphanumeric |16203STFY

If you want a piccie, pm me..

Cheers,
Paul.

Thanks everyone for the replies,

Shax, I really like the look of the display. However at first glance the size looks very small so for size is it possible if you can send me a picture of it. Thanks

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back