Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice help, n function

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I was browsing through chips on the web and one of them included an .asc file that had a device (LED) and a notation that indicated that it was 5 LEDs, even though there was only one symbol. I have been trying to find the format for multiple devices, but have been unsuccessful. Can any one help me.
Thanks,
Kinarfi

Here is an example of what I think you are referring to. To add the "m" or "n" (multiplier), right-click on the value of the part and type in "m=5" (or whatever number you want). Don't enclose it in quotation marks. A test shows that m works for resistors, but n doesn't. Go figure.

Attachments

• multiple LEDs.PNG
    multiple LEDs.PNG
    41.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Thank you, exactly the information I was looking for.
Kinarfi

A double thanks Ron, didn't know that.:)

A double thanks Ron, didn't know that.:)
In the past, I had used fractional values of "m" to cause a Vbe mismatch between transistors. I learned about "n" by experimenting with the LED sim that I posted, and then discovered that it is documented in the diode section of LTspice help.

Last edited:
When you get something good, like the answer here, you tend to ask for more, so, is the also a function for averaging an out put trace on spice?

When you get something good, like the answer here, you tend to ask for more, so, is the also a function for averaging an out put trace on spice?
Go to "Waveform Arithmetic", paragraph 2 in the Help File of LT spice. Just move the mouse to the trace label, and do Ctrl / left click.

Sorry to keep asking, but I did look, is there an easier way to get "frequency" than zooming in on one cycle of the wave form?
Thanks for the help.
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back