Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SSB Carrier Supression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't change anything, you'll look different :)

When are you going to put a picture to your name?

How about this one...hehe.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
P.S. I am not meaning that your girlie or anything. Olivia just makes a nice pic:)

Well, it has some meaning to it.. it is like a promissed land, to me at least - and I have always appreciated the opportunity of being here. We are getting off the subject - you know :)

I just made a couple of dozens of Kilpatric Oysters and I am fearing now of going hungry, because my son is already deeply into it (he eats like a wolf). I do like your sense of humour Mike.

I could not respond earlier, I was in the kitchen..

As for Olivia.. well, she is getting older now too :)

Olivia was a hottie in her day. Damn can't find my original avitar. Looks like your stuck with Archie Bunker...lol

No one has mentioned anti-vox.

"Audio pick up by the microphone is always un-avoidable if a speaker output is used for the receiver. That is why practical VOX circuit always comes with an anti-vox circuit. The anti-vox circuit reduces gain of the vox path when audio is detected at the speaker. This will suppress the chances of vox being triggered when the station is listening to an incoming audio. That also implies one issue - the station cannot transmit when audio is present at the receive path."

No one has mentioned anti-vox.

"Audio pick up by the microphone is always un-avoidable if a speaker output is used for the receiver. That is why practical VOX circuit always comes with an anti-vox circuit. The anti-vox circuit reduces gain of the vox path when audio is detected at the speaker. This will suppress the chances of vox being triggered when the station is listening to an incoming audio. That also implies one issue - the station cannot transmit when audio is present at the receive path."

What's to mention? - only one person can speak at once, so VOX doesn't affect that at all.

VOX is a nice idea in theory. In practice it is not sood good. Too many issues.

Vox can work well if you use headphones, close miking, and not much compression. It also helps if you don't sneeze, cough or snore.

Vox can work well if you use headphones, close miking, and not much compression. It also helps if you don't sneeze, cough or snore.

Exactly :)

It explains..

to some extend - I had not picked up on that, I do mostly use the headphones, but the speaker has never bothered me anyway. VOX is VOX and would not be offered if it had no merit.

The anti-vox, as stated - would have to be able to distinguish between the "voice" of the person behind the mic against the voice comming out of the speaker..

xanadunow

One person "speaking" does consist of "chunks of informatrion" with a period of silence inbetween. This is when you can interrupt, or break-in..

the conceivable way to do it is to cut out the mic input when there is presence of the audio output from the speaker, flat5 is right - I was sure I did forget something.

Last edited:
to some extend - I had not picked up on that, I do mostly use the headphones, but the speaker has never bothered me anyway. VOX is VOX and would not be offered if it had no merit.

The anti-vox, as stated - would have to be able to distinguish between the "voice" of the person behind the mic against the voice comming out of the speaker..

xanadunow

When you say VOX is offered, you are referring to a day gone by for most. We have pulled our hams from the oven and moved on to healthier dinners like a high tech salads. VOX is old and outdated, it was a good idea but never worked out because George kept farting.

The US military tried vox in a few of the PRC's and scrapped them all as they just had too many problems.

PTT is the best method for old HAM type radio's unless you throw a DSP in the mix, and this is not practicle for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back