Stepping motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

hey freinds ,

i just have a problem , i can't find any site that purchase stepper motors online.
i'm living in cairo ...... so i need to buy a stepper motor Nema size 43 and i want the company to send it to me here in cairo ,

can anyone tell me please about any site can do that for me ?

Thanks too much

I don't think any of the previous links sell NEMA 42 size steppers. Those are big motors. You might look for distributors of Astrosyn or Applied Motion Products. As an aside I will be in Cairo but not likely until the end of the year. A quick check shows that the motor is about 18 lbs (8 kg) so shipping from the US is going to be expensive. Astrosyn is in the UK, so shipping will probably be much less from there to Egypt.

I don't think any of the previous links sell NEMA 42 size steppers. Those are big motors. You might look for distributors of Astrosyn or Applied Motion Products. As an aside I will be in Cairo but not likely until the end of the year. A quick check shows that the motor is about 18 lbs (8 kg) so shipping from the US is going to be expensive. Astrosyn is in the UK, so shipping will probably be much less from there to Egypt.

watzmann,
can you find an old printer or better an old coppier??
if so there are lots of steppers in those old machines...

I advise U to go to Al nekhely mall in Cairo (Tahrir square) and U will find a variety of stepper motors but prices might not be appropriate.I wish that this might help U... [/quote]

Thankyou funkydyb for opening this thread, it gives me a chance to share a link i found on converting large Perm-magnet DC motors to servomotors. Although not the same as a stepper motors his Nema 48 sized example would probably be faster stronger and cheaper to make than a nema48 stepper.

http://truetex.com/servomod.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…