Stereo Micromitter needs a boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

For a start have you removed the attenuator on the output?, it's designed to keep it legal in Australia - so removing it will make it illegal (it's already illegal in the UK!).

ritchie1 said:
No I haven't, how much difference will this make.

Quite a lot, and it's VERY easy to do, and costs nothing! - what are you using for an aerial?, that will have a huge effect as well.

have tried this

I just tried this and have found that this has helped but, on further checking and going over the setup proceedure I have found that the maximum I can get out of TP1 is 0.76 votls dc and not the stated 2 volt.

any ideas?

the other thing I am not sure of is the 68nh and 680nh coils, the ones supplied are surface mount, and bloody microscopic. but I don't think that would affect TP1 test.

ritchie1 said:
I just tried this and have found that this has helped but, on further checking and going over the setup proceedure I have found that the maximum I can get out of TP1 is 0.76 votls dc and not the stated 2 volt.

any ideas?
Does your voltmeter have a high input resistance?
Does the DC voltage at TP1 rise and fall as L1 is adjusted?
Are the switches set to a frequency in the chart?

micromitter

Multimeter has high input resistance, and by turning L1 adjusts from 0.43 to around 0.77 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…