Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Not posting much at the mo, but ironically I will have alot to post when i get a chance.

Just so no one thinks I have died/found a GF!/burnt my shed down/been arrested for doing unsuitable experiments/been arrested for thinking about unsuitable experiments/just been arrested for being/found the password to get the computer out of safe search mode :banghead::banghead:.

mainly working flat out on 3 projects and exam cramming, lost count how many days until the exams and kind of keeping it that way! But cant be many now.
Something has happened and I no longer want to just pass, someone said something to me the other day and I feel i have a point to prove/make (yeah childish but I am a child), so now i want to smash these exam results out the window and across the world, even my ART exam has now become extremely important to me and i hate art!! I only took the subject as I had a timetable hole and it was Art or a kind cookery class for people wanting a career in the 'hotel sector), figured art was the easy option even though my 6 year old sister draws better than me.

Maths is causing me sleepless nights, I need to find a way of making maths make more sense to me, no idea why I struggle with it in pure form but no problem with it in science stuff??

Anyway I read the board still but probably a couple more weeks before I post much, I do have something up my sleeve for you when I get a chance.

So anyway Hi

LG

TBH...this is the Internet. Nobody probably cares anyway. So....that's all I am prepared to say anyway.

tv

TBH...this is the Internet. Nobody probably cares anyway. So....that's all I am prepared to say anyway.

tv

IIRC 'someone' was having a rant about life & things in general a while ago!:rolleyes:
Max.

Last edited:
lol, so what happened, someone mention a grant?
straight a's are very hard work, and require a whole lifestyle change, in college you need to study material prior to the lecture on it, then you can keep up enough just to ask the questions during lecture, I recommend that to be a guide....just as a starter to good studying

Math is difficult, but dont forget ETO is home of math pros that can help, as easy as a post!
In the long run what you put in will pay out, wat you dont,wont.

Internet is like the telephone, I see some of you here more than some of my own friends(lame)

but its like I always say!! time to MAKE LEMONADE!

tv
What crawled up you? TBH I would normally agree with your statement, EXCEPT there is at least 3 people I know do care, I have some good friends on here and some reasons I wanted those that I know care were aware I hadnt disapered on them.

No the statement made wasnt about money, I got told by a teacher that my early placement at uni was likely to with drawn WHEN I got poorer grades than I think I will get, same teacher also said there was no chance I could sit an exam 12 months early and pass, let alone get stellar grades. I was kind of Ok with this, but the next exchange can be boiled down to " look a cupid stunt like you aint ever going to get anywhere, I became a teacher because I had the brains and talent to get the required grades, the only way your going to ever going to be good enough to work in a school is if you learn to use broom" some of its paraphrased but is fairly close.

The comment stung because the teacher in question is my Form teacher and supposedly in charge of my pastoral care. Now I got two options with this..............

1) Cry about it and report them to someone who likely wont give a **** anyway.

2) Do what I do best and beat the odds, only way I can beat the odds is too cheat or work till my head stops sweating and starts bleeding. I am no cheat ;)

So the reason I am even more determined than ever to nail this, is simply because I am arrogant enough to want to walk upto them with my grades and say " now we both know how smart you are ;) ).

The other reason, is simply because I have been encouraged by some on this board to strive to do well, I have been helped a great deal and I feel I OWE these people for the faith and help they have put into me. And finally........... Because I know my dad would have looked at my grades and said, great well done, but go cure cancer then we can think about calling you smart! But I also know he would be bursting with pride inside ;).

Oh and TV I would care if you didnt show up for a while ;), your problem is frustration, Frustration is simply energy looking for something useful to do, so go find something useful to do with that energy ;)

You go get them! If you feel you can and put in the work, you will reach your goal.
My High School teacher told me I would never understand math. I returned five years later to show him my Bachelors degree in Applied Mathematics!
You can do something similar.

You go get them! If you feel you can and put in the work, you will reach your goal.
My High School teacher told me I would never understand math. I returned five years later to show him my Bachelors degree in Applied Mathematics!
You can do something similar.
There is something about being told you cant or it isnt possible, that really makes you want to do it :D, I know where the photocopy of my results sheets will be going ;)

Best of luck to you on your exams, LG. You're a bright young man, I'm sure you'll do well. Keep us posted on your projects!

Regards,
Matt

LG,

Life happens. If your time resource is running low, you have to readjust the priorities. Internet forums is usually low on the priority list.

I was just chatting to my boss about you the other day LG saying that if you were a little closer we could have tried to get you in for some work experience. You'd fit in nicely with the rest of us slightly "eccentric" engineers :p

Best wishes for those exams, LG.

I was just chatting to my boss about you the other day LG saying that if you were a little closer we could have tried to get you in for some work experience. You'd fit in nicely with the rest of us slightly "eccentric" engineers :p

Just be patient - he'll probably be exiled from Scotland in the near future :p

LOl only just read this!!

We might be back in England after the exams depends what happens etc etc, but its likely one day I will return.

Work experience or that American intern thingy system thats creeping in to the UK would be cool. Looks like we have a messed up version of internship where you get paid sometimes! I thought the point was you didnt get paid but got experience............... I might make a rubbish engineer unless I work for myself, to be honest i would feel so much quilt everytime I got a pay slip. Getting paid to mess with electronics and have so much fun just seems wrong :D.

Its a bit like being paid for abusing ones self if you see what I mean........ Not that :sorry::stop:

Moving quickly on thanks for the exam wishes, I am very confident I will at worse **** myself and at best PANIC, other than that its all under control:joyful::joyful:. English will be border line fail but the UNi are aware of that and not that bothered, they seem to think its something easy to sort out and everything else in my favor tops that one main deficiency (well the one main one they know about ~:D )

Work experience or that American intern thingy system thats creeping in to the UK would be cool. Looks like we have a messed up version of internship where you get paid sometimes! I thought the point was you didnt get paid but got experience.

Depends what and where, Melissa did a year in the Netherlands as part of her Masters Degree (at Chemelot), she got paid while there - where as one of her friends did a year in Germany (he was a biologist I think?), and not only didn't get paid (so had to take out student loans to live on) but they worked him 60+ hours per week as well.

When I was younger I had a paid internship. Some are paid, some are not. Both are great, though I prefer the paid ones :D

You mean that you want to be paid for being in bed all day?:joyful:
JimB
Must have been thinking about becoming a politician, though one of ours isnt sleeping so well at mo ;). Not that you would know by watching the news

Oh and TV I would care if you didnt show up for a while ;) said:
Me feel bad. Sorry Champ

I did not mean to upset you in any way.

Edit. I really screwed up this reply. I'm retarded. Pretty retarded...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back