subing ic in velleman circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

looking at this circuit I am contemplating using a lm3916 in place of the u2067
after drawing out the schematic I got to thinking that perhaps I could eliminate the zener diodes, transistors and pull up resistors.
just connect the 3916 directly to the matrix
see attached drawing and eliminate the described parts.
should work??
velleman circuit **broken link removed**
you can change the r to an s for the matrix. a q for the other half of the matrix driving circuit
any input would be helpful

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 253
I'm working on the same schematic. Freaked my teacher out when I told him that i was working on it!! I'm still trying to figure out pin replacements on this one. Would the Mux go into the audio in on lm3916? And would i just do everything else as if i was making a vu meter on pins 2 4 6 7 and 8? Also do you know where I can find information on the u2067? It seems to be erased of the face of the earth except in the velleman circuit. I can't find info anywhere about it.

Last edited:

Find some data:
Translated version of https://www.mydarc.de/dj7oh/fad/ics/zus/briefu.htm

**broken link removed**

The U2067B seems to be two (stereo) LED drivers for 5 LEDs per channel. It has a rectifier for each channel which might be the important peak detector circuits used for VU meters.

The LM391x ICs drive 10 LEDs and use an external peak detector circuit.

If you don't use a peak detector circuit then the LEDs will look like a dim blur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…