Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch hookup with relay (arduino)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthRT

Hey all i have the following 5v relay board:

View attachment 68416

Please ignore the light bulb hook up. That was an example on the website that had the same relay :)

And i am looking to hook one of the relays up to a monetary switch:

View attachment 68417

Now this is what i am guessing is the way i connect the switch to the relay board:

View attachment 68418

Connecting the ground to both the left connector pads on the switch and shorting them together "presses" the button. I just want to make sure the hookup i have drawn there is the way it should be connected to that relay board?

So when i apply 5v to the pin 1 on the relay board (Arduino Digital pin 3 goes high) it will close the circuit in relay 1 which will act as if i "pressed" the button?

Last edited:
Don't do that. You appear to be connecting a tiny pushbutton to 220VAC.
I don't know exactly what you want to do, but don't do what you've shown.

Please ignore the light bulb hook up. That was an example on the website that had the same relay :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back