Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjj

I'm having yet another switching problem:
I want to make footswitch, which turns on an effect. The problem is that, when the effect is switched on, it requires to activate the switch another time to turn the effect off.

I want to eliminate the latter. That means, I want to press the pedal only for as long as the effect is needed and when I let the pedal go, the effect should turn off.

That also means that the switching circuit needs to automatically activate the switch another time to turn the effect off.
How can that be done?

**broken link removed** Click Image to Enlarge **broken link removed**

Last edited:
If it is a pushbutton typ switch you might modify it to work as a momentary switch.

Pushbutton type switches are latched a similar way as ball point pens are.

Removing the small metal bar latching the switch will convert it to a momentary switch.

This is done within a split of a second.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Thx Boncuk,

As it turned out... solving this switching problem mechanically proved to be fairly easy, but only now, I'm thinking a step further: how about implementing this switch into my 120-button accordion bass?

That would allow me to press any bass & minor/7th button to control the Live-Styler.de (YamahaStyles) accompaniment; surely better than having to knee a lever!

For that I would need electronic switching. Of course I could do it electro-mechanically, but that would require more power and would be noisier.

So, my question now is: How to render this mechanical switch (below) electronic?
(I'm not sure if the PC-Kbd switches respond to fast pulses?)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Have you considered using a mercury tilt switch? It activates the effect when you aim your hand or foot at a specific spot. Another option is a reed switch, activated by a magnet on your instrument or in your footwear, leaving you to activate the effect only in one place.
If you are motionless when playing the instrument, these ideas could work.

If the Yahama life styler is connected directly to the power amplifier you might use a relay activated by the 'now' pushbutton.

Otherwise the power it has to switch is very low and you might connect it directly.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back