Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperature project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a final year student of engineering from India. We are designing a project on temperature control of process along with elimination of dead time. So, can you help me in design part of the deadtime elimination.

Waiting for your reply!

Thank you,

Kumar

madhan parished kumar said:
I am a final year student of engineering from India. We are designing a project on temperature control of process along with elimination of dead time. So, can you help me in design part of the deadtime elimination.

Waiting for your reply!

Thank you,

Kumar

wasnt this thread started elsewhere?? What do you mean by deadtime?
If you are talking about the time from when a temperature setpoint command is given and the time it takes for the process to react then deadtime is not the right word.

You will have to explain.

Traditional control ?

Have you considered conventional two or three term controllers?
... Lead-Lag controllers?
... Fuzzy logic?
How big is the thermal mass?
What transport delays are endemic to the system?
What is the heat source?
What is it's heat rate?
What is the degree of freedom you expect to modulate for control?

If you are that close to a degree then I would expect you will model the system before building it ? in what modelling language ?

As Optikon said - you need to explain.

"DeadTime" is usually the Difference Between a Turn on Temperature and a Turn off Temperature. Usually about 1 or 2 degrees difference when used for controlling a room and maybe 10 degrees in an Oven.

Without a Dead Time, the device will usually Flicker on and off, very Quickly.

chemelec said:
"DeadTime" is usually the Difference Between a Turn on Temperature and a Turn off Temperature. Usually about 1 or 2 degrees difference when used for controlling a room and maybe 10 degrees in an Oven.

Without a Dead Time, the device will usually Flicker on and off, very Quickly.

So as the author requested, eliminating the dead time will cause rapid on-of-on-off cycles. Or could he _really_ be wanting a tighter resolution on temperature control?

Waiting for reincarnation ?

chemelec said:
"DeadTime" is usually the Difference Between a Turn on Temperature and a Turn off Temperature... ...
NOPE :!:
That's deadBAND !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back