Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Theater Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks hero. I went out to the shed (it is very cold out... :() and got some 12AWG, so i guess it is better to have overkill than not enough...

Have you considered modifying a scoreboard with optos or relays? If the scoreboard can be re-programmed, some fantastic lighting effects are possible. I built a portable name-in-lights display back in 1988 with 4N25 optos and TIC106B 200V triacs - the same circuit was interfaced to Christmas lights. But, until those breakers are labelled and certified, stick with one circuit at a time coming from a safe outlet, maybe a GFCI.

A score board would cost more than buying a DMX unit

Anyway, just figured i would give an update.

We had our performance last month. It went well. We ended up getting some "nice" DMX lights, so all was good. I made DVDs of it, and sold 40 of them at $10 a piece. So, i made ~$340 off the play ($60 goes to the play organization.)

A score board would cost more than buying a DMX unit

Anyway, just figured i would give an update.

We had our performance last month. It went well. We ended up getting some "nice" DMX lights, so all was good. I made DVDs of it, and sold 40 of them at $10 a piece. So, i made ~$340 off the play ($60 goes to the play organization.)

Glad to hear it was a success despite the obstacles, etc.

Yep. For the play next year i plan on doing things different... I will get a much better camera (one with audio inputs), and better mics (onmi-directional), plus a jib-boom, and maybe a few other cameras... A **broken link removed** would be nice, too... :D

For the DMX lighting, i will get an OpenDMX controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back