Theater Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks hero. I went out to the shed (it is very cold out... ) and got some 12AWG, so i guess it is better to have overkill than not enough...

Have you considered modifying a scoreboard with optos or relays? If the scoreboard can be re-programmed, some fantastic lighting effects are possible. I built a portable name-in-lights display back in 1988 with 4N25 optos and TIC106B 200V triacs - the same circuit was interfaced to Christmas lights. But, until those breakers are labelled and certified, stick with one circuit at a time coming from a safe outlet, maybe a GFCI.

A score board would cost more than buying a DMX unit

Anyway, just figured i would give an update.

We had our performance last month. It went well. We ended up getting some "nice" DMX lights, so all was good. I made DVDs of it, and sold 40 of them at $10 a piece. So, i made ~$340 off the play ($60 goes to the play organization.)

Glad to hear it was a success despite the obstacles, etc.

Yep. For the play next year i plan on doing things different... I will get a much better camera (one with audio inputs), and better mics (onmi-directional), plus a jib-boom, and maybe a few other cameras... A **broken link removed** would be nice, too...

For the DMX lighting, i will get an OpenDMX controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…