Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thumbwheel lock project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizo

Hi,

I'm making a lock system based on an idea I've seen here and the circuit here but I'm not sure on how it's working.

I'm simulating it in croc clips and am using a JK flip flop in a toggle mode for the on/off switch but I'm not sure how to wire it all together. To make it worse, the flip flops in croc clips are leading edge triggered rather than trailing edge so it's confusing...

I will have 4 BCD thumbwheel switches going through 4 BCD decoders, the output lines from this will go through 4 DIP switches and then on to a 4 input N/AND gate. It's after this where I get confused. There needs to be another button in there to turn the relay on and off by toggling the JK flip flop, but only when the right code has been entered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Jack.

Ok... so the links are starred out...??

**broken link removed** - circuits - diagrams.com/homegardenimages/homegardenckt2.shtml

**broken link removed** - circuits - diagrams.com/homegardenimages/2.gif

Remove the spaces between the dashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back