Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem solved for now...

I connected additional diodes in series (8 total). So now I don't have any problem (8 diodes + bridge drop about 6.6V). So my input voltage to LM350 is around 30V. I visited my local electronics component store today and found "LM337HV TO-3 package". This LM337HH (High Voltage) looks very attractive to me but, I don't desire to change my entire PCB layout over it any time soon. For now my circuit seems to work fine, although I only tested it with 250mA of load. I hope LM350's in my circuit don't overheat 2 much. I did put a massive heat sink on them (the heat sink is like 30 times larger than the chip itself).

Thank you all for making my days easier. Sometimes I feel that it is easier to get a Beretta 98 Custom and blow my brains out but because of all your help, I won't be needing to do that... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back