Triangle wave generator on signle power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I need to make a 50-1000 Hz triangle generator, the specific waveform is not a problem I just need a voltage that gradually goes up and down

Google Triangle wave generator there are dozens of them out there.
they usually use a dual op amp.

Find Bill Bowden's 'Fading-Red-eyes' circuit. It's been posted here numerous times, and can be found on most free-circuit sites. It's a very good circuit, parts aren't too critical, and excellently explained in detail, so you can easily adapt it to your needs. I used it to fade RBG LEDs, before I started messing with microcontrollers. Still like the results better, gives a fuller range of colors, and a little randomness, as the component tolerences give each of the three channels a slightly different frequency.

I made an analog fading RGB LEDs project, then Walmart started selling a digital Chinese one that jerks its brightness fading from one step to the next. Mine has Smoooooooth fading.

audioguru said:
I made an analog fading RGB LEDs project, then Walmart started selling a digital Chinese one that jerks its brightness fading from one step to the next. Mine has Smoooooooth fading.

haha how many times we forget that analogue is often the easiest, fastest and cheapest method ? they did have analogue computers but these faded out because of lack of flexibility as they were at the time much faster than digital computers, it is thanks to analogue computers that operational amplifiers came into being, yes they have been around since the valve days but boomed when transistors and ICs came into been

An astable 555 timer will work, but a buffer on the timing capacitor and bingo, you have a slowly rising and falling waveform.

you could use a astable 555 timer with a 4017 and you could prbly get it to work like that

Souper man said:
you could use a astable 555 timer with a 4017 and you could prbly get it to work like that

then you are still using 2 ICs I found a circuit that uses 2 op amps, I need other 2 op amps so by using a quad IC I have it all with one IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…