Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a RTC in SF basic

MrDEB

I have a DS-1302 RTC module but how to use it?
I recall Jon Chandler made a vu meter clock but what he used for timing?
Am planning on a clock that has no hands, just LEDs but precision would be nice.

Sorry it was supposed to be CHECK
I rechecked the boards layout and it looks right. Could be the Mosfets are labeled wrong from Tayda?
Going to order some new ones

Attachments

• Screenshot (62).jpg
    Screenshot (62).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 16
1. That you got defective parts from Tayda is the least likely possibly.

2. Your board layout gives me a headache and makes me want to cry.

3. It appears that pin 3 (source) is floating in space. IF you used a ground plane on the bottom layer:
> It would have been nice to show it.*
> It appears unlikely that it could connect to every mosfet source pin.

*EasyEDA can export clear concise board images, which I have attempted to explain a dozen times.

OMG – WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN? I MUST BE INSANE TO CONTINUE TRYING TO HELP YOU.

Screenshot_20241009_042526_Edge.jpg

Attempting to find the correct file.
It has a ground plane on both the top and bottom layer, but will verify with DMM
Will check the MOSFETs using the DIODE function.
source to drain = diode working
drain to source = no reading
Am attempting to get the right pdf but?

If you use good software (which EasyEDA is) then you simply rely on their service. No need to check anything. IF you use the right parts then they will deliver the right boards. It's really not that difficult.

Mike

Latest threads

Back