Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

V Mosfets

Status
Not open for further replies.

arustu

Could anyone pls tell me about v mosfets...?? Links, diagrams and explanations would be appreciated...!!:)

General Electronics Chat This forum is for general chat about electronics, eg: Dont know what a part does? Dont know how to read a circuit? Want to get an opinion?
Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews Are you building an electronic project or want to? Maybe you need some assistance? Come and submit your electronic questions here and let our exprienced members find a solution.

These do not say that Electro Tech is a place of last resort. I viewed this thread because I had not heard of a V MOSFET and wanted to learn.
If you don’t know what a V MOSFET is then …….

i don't why you guys are so rude sometimes! sometimes you are right, yes sometimes is smell the class homework! but this time, there is nothing about V mosfets on google exept the one that hjames found.. so i think you should tell us if you know..

- blody-orc, do you know something about that?

i am beginig to get curious..

-arustu, can you please give us any more information? where did you read abou that?

Personally I think it is a little rude to start a thread in a public forum and not follow up on it. I think there's some moral obligation to close a thread - either by discussing it to it's conclusion, or just posting whatever answer you've found. If someone else happens to wander by, they'll find some little morsel of knowledge waiting for them - otherwise it's just another piece of junk that ought to get pruned.

James

hjames said:
Personally I think it is a little rude to start a thread in a public forum and not follow up on it. I think there's some moral obligation to close a thread - either by discussing it to it's conclusion, or just posting whatever answer you've found. If someone else happens to wander by, they'll find some little morsel of knowledge waiting for them - otherwise it's just another piece of junk that ought to get pruned.

James

yes that's also right, but honnestly i am a sensitive persone, and if I search on the net for a part all night and can't find it, then i ask for help, and someone tell me "Do your homework yourself!!!" honnestly i'ld be disgusted and will never come back to that forum!

In tomorrow's newspaper:
School kid killed when he tried to make VMOS transistors in his mommy's oven, using a faulty recipe found on the internet. Nobody knows why he didn't just buy VMOS transistors.

ikalogic said:
-arustu, can you please give us any more information? where did you read abou that?

Ibrahim: It was a lecture assignment for me.

Before wandering any further, let me tell you WHY they are called 'V' MOSFETS. This is so because they have a V shaped structure so as to minimize the channel width and maximize the flow of drain-to-source current.

What I "intended" to know from this forum was some information in the form of 'drain charecteristic' and 'transfer' curves for a V MOSFET.

Pls let me know if anyone finds 'anything' about them.

And lets not play Thread-Wars part I here shall we...?:)

Sure it is schoolwork. He was absent or asleep when the lecturer talked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back