Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to turn on a relay with a old Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

Want to turn on/off a relay with a old Mac 6.08
want to turn on/off a relay or control dc motors is it possible
and if it is anybody have a idea how.

There is a parallel port but any way thanks but how would I program it.

Where would I find it on the mac?

GTAman
here is a site where you can find out the language you like to program the parallel port, so it is up to you

http://www.macosarchives.com/programming.html

I haven't used a MAC since 1995.
A long time go, but why you do not use a PC, there are a lot of info on the web.

Hope it can help you

I have made stuff like that with a PC and want to do something different and cool.

Plus thanks for the website.

I understand what you mean.

Why don't you buy a computer board from Zilog the are sold for about 49 dlls. including the development software, here you can have the flexibility to create your own projects, ADC, DC motor control, etc.

Complex systems like Mac's are pretty good to learn, however you need to know basis from the architecture, addresses locations, etc.

see www.microchip.com and www.zilog.com,

I now how to program in different language's and a board how you descibed is to simple also microchip.com is the website of PIC microcontroller which I use alot.

But I do not wish to use a PIC microcontroller for this project.

Also what do you mean about 49dlls what does that mean is it dollars?

yes is in dollars, if it were in pesos mexicanos it would be very cheap,
or even in euros is not enough from dlls to euros.

Zilog has a development kit for about 49 dlls

look for it on the site

Z8F04328100KIT

or in digikey.com where you can buy it

It is to easy, all I want to use is the Mac and nothing else but anyway I already did the project and it came out great.

Good boy? what are you talking about?

Any way I searched the website that you gave and found a programer that seem decent and I applied, 1 bit to the parallel port, it was quite easy.

And I just made the circuit board and it worked.

Not to be picky (I'm assuming this is an older Mac if it's running System 6) but db25 port on the back is SCSI, not parallel. There is a serial port, and that could be wired to a latch or whatever....

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back