Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wat project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav4u_24

actually i want to make a project related to wireless communications(short range)...wat exactly should i go for,i mean would an intercom be a good option?..i've searched the net but dint find any substanial material regarding this..there is a simple intercom using LM-380 IC..but can i make a wireless intercom using LM-380?...plz help..

I guess it all hangs on how you define "short range" and "wireless".

The LM380 is an audio amplifier IC, connect a microphone to the input and a loudspeaker to the output.
Talk into the microphone, sound comes out of the loudspeaker, somebody who is a short distance (range) away will hear you, without there being any wire between you and the person hearing you.

So yes you could use and LM380 as a short range wireless intercom.

But I suspect this is not the solution you are looking for, I think the real answer to your question is no.

JimB

You might be able to make a kind of light intercom by using an infrared LED on the output of that amplifier, and using a photodiode connected to a suitable recieving circuit to turn that back into sound. I've seen it in a Mimms book, but not using that particular chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back