Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where have I been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
My car is three years old. It has an upgraded radio/CD/MP3 player and a very powerful amplifier. It has speakers all over the place including tweeters and a sub-woofer. It has an alpha-numeric display.

The display shows the type of music a station plays.
I recently changed my favourite FM station and the new one shows the name of the song and its singer or band's name. It also shows the weather forcast with the expected temperature. I didn't know that.

I was blind for only a couple of months before my cataracts operations, not 3 years.
Boy oh boy is everything clear now. WOW!
My favourite old radio station did not have data. My new favourite station has lots of data to be seen. Maybe tomorrow it will show the stock market numbers.

Glad to hear everything went okay. Little disturbed to find out that blind people are allowed to drive in Canada, guess that explains why you guys drive so slowly in Florida...

I was driving with one eye fixed but the other eye was still blind. I almost hit the curb when turning a corner a few times. I walked into a tree.:eek:

I am an old geezer but I am not as retarded as many old people. I don't drive slow and I honk at the slow American oldies. Canadians slow down in Florida to let the alligators cross the road.:D

The Chinese drive very slow. They are blind.

Here in the US one part of obtaining a driver's license was to take a visual acuity exam by peering into a special optical setup that tested for depth perception. With a bad eye like you had, it had to be difficult to approximate distances for driving. That would be dangerous, I would think.

It's been scores of years since I received my license so I'm not sure what's changed with the procedures. However I will say that I firmly believe that every US driver should be required to undergo a re-test of at least several written questions every 5 or 10 years to renew their license. That would help to diminish auto accidents and perhaps increase driver courtesy. We have laws on the books for far sillier things, like not having sex with your wife on a Sunday between 8am and 3pm.:confused:

We have laws on the books for far sillier things, like not having sex with your wife on a Sunday between 8am and 3pm.:confused:

Is it OK to have sex with someone elses wife?:D

JimB

Now I drive and read the display on my radio at the same time. It is dangerous like the women who drive while applying make-up and looking at themselves in the mirror.

All the traffic lights in my city are the new very bright LED ones. I stopped when I saw a red one even when it was far away because it was so bright. Now I can see how far away it is.

Computer Screens

Since I have had to work on Computers about 10 years ago. I have notice a steady degradation in my eye sight.

Does anyone else feel the same.

I was talking to a girl who started working in our department who has to use the Computer more. At the time She was complaining her eye sight has gone bad. She's only maybe 20 something. She's thinking of getting a different part time Job while working at the University.

kv

The lens in the eye gets stiff when it is about 40 years old so most people get "reading glasses". I got reading glasses when I was about 40 years old.

Some people have a focussing problem when they are 20 years old so they get glasses. Maybe their eyes could focus when they were younger but not anymore.

Now that I think about it. Maybe it was more difficult to focus and the problem was not Isolated to the Computer.

It started when I was using those big glasses like
Torben has on his Avatar.

Yes, it is the Focus problem.

I'm 51 this year. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope don't need implants any time soon.

kv

Today I did a written survey without my old reading glasses. My new lens implants worked pretty well. I can see perfectly from about 2m to infinity (no focusing) and I can read a little without glasses now. I use my old reading glasses at the computer.

They have very expensive implants that have adjustable focus like the originals. But they perform poorly at night and sometimes they get "stuck". No thanks.

My new lenses perform perfectly in sunshine and at night. I am amazed at how many stars are up there.

You've got an FM Stereo with RDS support! Congrats :D

NXP has announced a new chip 5990 with RDS functionality and it's production already started?

Today I did a written survey without my old reading glasses. My new lens implants worked pretty well. I can see perfectly from about 2m to infinity (no focusing) and I can read a little without glasses now. I use my old reading glasses at the computer.

They have very expensive implants that have adjustable focus like the originals. But they perform poorly at night and sometimes they get "stuck". No thanks.

My new lenses perform perfectly in sunshine and at night. I am amazed at how many stars are up there.

I enjoy reading the few word that you write how comfortable the readjusted eye sight is. Pray GOD for your good health AudioGURU !!

I don't pray.
My neighbour goes to church 3 or 4 times a day (she sins a lot) and prays enough for my entire city.

Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy can I see things clearly now!

They say the meteorite was 10 tonnes when it was pretty high and that it probably burned up in the atmosphere. Videos showed it breaking into pieces in the sky. Nobody saw an explosion of it hitting the ground.

U-Tube has a funny video of an astronaught explaining that it might have been sewage from the space station.

I hope I see the Space Shuttle's tool kit burn as it enters the atmosphere next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back