Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems we need more southern hemisphere people.

lat long place
12N 123E Phillipines
18N 66W Puerto Rico
22N 79E India
26N 51E Bahrain
30S 25E South Africa
32S 141E Australia
33N 83W Georgia,US
34N 81W South Carolina
36N 119W California
36N 86W Tennessee
40N 74W nj
40N 89W Illinois
40N 83W Ohio
42N 45E Georgia, Tbilisi
44N 73W vermont
45N 90W wisconsin
53N 3W UK
53N 4W wales
56N 4W Scotland
57N 86W canada
62N 25E Finland
40N 99W USA

Anybody from South America?

Last edited:
Buenos Aires - Argentina

I do not know about that need but I live in Buenos Aires - Argentina, anyway.

lat long place
12N 123E Phillipines
18N 66W Puerto Rico
22N 79E India
26N 51E Bahrain
30S 25E South Africa
32S 141E Australia
33N 83W Georgia,US
34N 81W South Carolina
36N 119W California
36N 86W Tennessee
40N 74W nj
40N 89W Illinois
40N 83W Ohio
42N 45E Georgia, Tbilisi
44N 73W vermont
45N 90W wisconsin
53N 3W UK
53N 4W wales
56N 4W Scotland
57N 86W canada
62N 25E Finland
40N 99W USA

haha, took some time before i understood the point in post :D

I do not know about that need but I live in Buenos Aires - Argentina, anyway.

'Need' is a bad choice of words. I'll have to check whether my text synthesis algorithm has been corrupted! :D

Anybody here from
"Micronations, sometimes also referred to as model countries and new country projects, are entities that claim to be independent nations or states but which are not recognized by world governments or major international organizations."
?

Great stuff.

My simple thread has been hijacked by Aliens from another Forum :rolleyes:

Have fun whilst you can guys. Last post from me. Stay good Technically wise. Best Forum for Technical advise. Bar none.

See you when I feel better. Love you all.

All the best,

tvtech

Last edited:
Hello

Any Newbies here :)

Speak here Guys. You are most Welcome.

tvtech

i'm thinking same thing tvtech, everyone is welcome! and speech too

Hey fezder ;)

Bought any more interesting stuff :eek:. Like your Blog here BTW.

Regards,
tvtech

Hey fezder ;)

Bought any more interesting stuff :eek:. Like your Blog here BTW.

Regards,
tvtech

sadly, no new findings recently, except got about 300 pcs of 1kv/1n caps, and couple dosen of many-switches-in-row, like what are found in function generators. Last weekend i was helping my friend in moving from apartment to another, and tomorrow i'll buy cabinet for storage. also, tomorrows plans are to check out flea market/recycling center for any goods, and little job about wiring some boat its control panel of some sort, shouldn't be too difficult. I'we made some troubleshooting that junk-pile from school, and some function generators have strange issues....is this off-topic by the way? :D

sadly, no new findings recently, except got about 300 pcs of 1kv/1n caps, and couple dosen of many-switches-in-row, like what are found in function generators. Last weekend i was helping my friend in moving from apartment to another, and tomorrow i'll buy cabinet for storage. also, tomorrows plans are to check out flea market/recycling center for any goods, and little job about wiring some boat its control panel of some sort, shouldn't be too difficult. I'we made some troubleshooting that junk-pile from school, and some function generators have strange issues....is this off-topic by the way? :D

Great stuff.

Nothing is off-topic in this thread :D. Just nice discussions about mostly everything about where people are from/do/cultures or whatever. All is good.

Gotta sleep now Buddy. Till next time.

Regards,
tvtech

I am from Pakistan (in Glasgow, UK) at the moment for my MSc. I am inactive at present but hope to be active again once I complete it and go back home :)

Welcome Wond3rboy

ETO needs people like you here to add to the knowledge base. Whenever you are ready ;)

Regards,
tvtech

hey, about knowledge....i have couple of datasheets/manuals/service manuals/guides on my pc, is there any place on forum where i could share this info? and, is it appropriate? :)
and welcome aboard wond3rboy :)

Hey Fez

I have literally hundreds of CRT and part related Datasheets and Diagrams on my lappie. I do not think ETO can really store too much stuff that most people are too lazy to search for via Google. All of mine were found via Google anyway.

So, if a Newbie guy is really stuck, I will help out if I can. Especially if they are older and are not taking chances: ie genuine.

Forums like this need really to guide people to answers. Not just give them. Nothing wrong with a little work on the OP side.
Especially Students that just post here for answers for late assignments. And then are rude to members....And then argue because the Members don't complete their Assignment for them LOL. Seen it many times ;)

At least, that is the way I look at it.

That is why I have so much time for dudes like you Fezder. You Guys are the future of Forums like this. Intelligent, learn quickly, and most of all get to Understand stuff. And don't drive old buggers like me and others here crazy repeating stuff over and over and over again.

I suppose, genuine interest in stuff is Paramount. You have that interest and ability in Electronics though .May it stay with you forever :D

Outta here,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hey Fez

I have literally hundreds of CRT and part related Datasheets and Diagrams on my lappie. I do not think ETO can really store too much stuff that most people are too lazy to search for via Google. All of mine were found via Google anyway.

So, if a Newbie guy is really stuck, I will help out if I can. Especially if they are older and are not taking chances: ie genuine.

Forums like this need really to guide people to answers. Not just give them. Nothing wrong with a little work on the OP side.
Especially Students that just post here for answers for late assignments. And then are rude to members....And then argue because the Members don't complete their Assignment for them LOL. Seen it many times ;)

At least, that is the way I look at it.

That is why I have so much time for dudes like you Fezder. You Guys are the future of Forums like this. Intelligent, learn quickly, and most of all get to Understand stuff. And don't drive old buggers like me and others here crazy repeating stuff over and over and over again.

I suppose, genuine interest in stuff is Paramount. You have that interest in Electronics. May it stay with you forever :D

Outta here,
tvtech

hmm, yeah, figures, why would people search here instead of google? and as of guiding people, that's just the way it's meant to be. What learning is that if someone asks something, circuit diagram or similar is give right under their nose?....of course, if nothing else helps :D.
yeah, seen my share too about these who argue to others, just because their own laziness, not everyone are lazy, i don't say that. i remember when i fought with 4017 counter, and still, ecribbs, one fellow member, had patience to help out. This surely gave positive feedback about this forum, versus similar local.
But, the truth is, we all, even pro's have been STUDENTS of some sort back in the days. And every day brings something new, well at least that's how i think :D.

Hi Fez

I speak the way I do because I was taught the hard way. Every little bit of advise I was given by my Mentor was precious to me. I never ever laughed it off.

I WROTE EVERY SINGLE THING I WAS TAUGHT DOWN.

It has been correct for me 100% of time. Always. Till this day. He taught me how to ANALISE a TV fault. Before you touch the set. ..obviously assuming it is not dead. Look at the picture.

Fix it without opening it because just by seeing the picture where you must look once you take the back cover off.....I have tried hard to teach people what and how I was taught. No go.

No interest or just plain lazy these days. All they do is come and ask me again........cause they know I can help them with no effort on their part.

Sound familiar guys?
Grrrrr:mad::mad:

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
hmm, if i got you right, it's better to analyze the fault first before opening the case? like in tv:s, brightness, flickering, colours etc....
as for how i've learnt, well, there is simply ONE teacher at school who knows how to teach. Then there's one teacher, who has huge acknowledge, but he speaks mumbo-jumbo all-the-time.....not wonder students dont learn! how come people would learn if they don't even understand language?. like example, he asked ''you do remember what is phase-shift right?'' and most of the class said that they've newer heard of it.....oh well, they're lazy people, that's the problem with them. they prefer to just ''hear'' but not listen. I'm probadly the only one who takes notes. But it has the downside, i'm like second teacher, and it's pretty annoying to repeat myself just because students don't ask. Why? there are no wrong questions....
Ok, i might hear bit, broud, or something. But, there are simple reason why i'm so different compared to my class. I'm 22 and they just hit 18 this year. They simply don't have that motivation, and no surprise.
To me, motivation is simple, i have that goal which i knew already way before i even went to school. When i watch these guys i wonder ''why did you came to EE class if you don't care what teacher tries to teach?'' My whole summer holiday has went totally in electronics :D.
Again, i MAY be wrong, i can accept that. I've been wrong that many times that i can accept that :D.

And other thing that ''angers'' me that when i go to job interview. Couple of days back, i was willing to travel about 100km each day to work. When the decision day was on, their reply was ''your knowledge and skill is marvelous, but your education isn't needed and bit wrong'' i asked how come? ''your current education is for 230v line, as we need electronics'' But i know much more of electronics than mains.....
oh well, back to school, luckily its only one or two years anymore :).
i wish there would be more teacher like you tvtech, or like others in here forum....
and sorry if i sounded like i was wining :D. but that's true what i wrote....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back