Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wide input range Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will need to Divide ADC /2.
Cheers.
hi,
The adc2 is divided by 2 using the resistive divider at the input of the first OPA, this reduces the signal input range to +/-5V at the OPA pin.

No additional division is required.

hi,
The adc2 is divided by 2 using the resistive divider at the input of the first OPA, this reduces the signal input range to +/-5V at the OPA pin.

No additional division is required.

Hi Eric,

Blimey! That's clever.

Cheers.

Hi Eric,

I've had an enforced break in my electronics, and I'm now trying to remind myself about your circuit.

Is it ok to re-start from where we left off and ask a few final questions, before I construct it?

Cheers.

Hi Eric,

I've had an enforced break in my electronics, and I'm now trying to remind myself about your circuit.

Is it ok to re-start from where we left off and ask a few final questions, before I construct it?

Cheers.

hi,
Ready when you are.:D

Morning,

Is D3 is a 5.6V Zener Diode?

On the power supply, there are resistors on each pole Ip and In '0.01' Can you clarify please.

There are a couple of notes on the drawing. "use a jfet cc" What is a cc? and ".dc V2 tm 10 10m" also baffled me?

Cheers.

Morning,

Is D3 is a 5.6V Zener Diode?

On the power supply, there are resistors on each pole Ip and In '0.01' Can you clarify please.

There are a couple of notes on the drawing. "use a jfet cc" What is a cc? and ".dc V2 tm 10 10m" also baffled me?

Cheers.

hi,
D3 is a 5.6V Zener
Ignore the Ip, 0.01, they are for simulation only.
Use a JFET CC, is a junction FET Constant Current sink
The .dc V2 etc...... is a simulation command, ignore it.

OK.?

Once set-up the signals normally don't vary too much (But can do)

So couldn't you simply use a pre-set pot at the input?

Alec

Hi alec_t,

1st I will make the full circuit as prescribed by Eric.

On the chip that reads the A/Ds, I have 2 A/D inputs, but for this I need 4, so I will need to make some changes.

What you suggest might be best, or perhaps a double switch or similar.

Thanks.

hi,
Question, do you want the 1mV thru 10V AC to be linear over the compression range required, ie: 0mVac = 0Vdc thru 10Vac = 5Vdc...??

Hi Eric,

Alec-t asked if it would be possible to simply use a POT immediately after the COIL around the first Opamp, then set the range between the two different circuits (1mv-1 and 1-10) each time.

In this early question of yours, you ask if I want linear? I was wondering if there is a way of adding components that give a none linear line, as my black line on your Graph (attached).

This would be a luxury, failing this, I'm more than happy with your original design.

Cheers.

Attachments

• EG Graph.jpg
    EG Graph.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back