will this 555 circuit thing work? Newby (me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amando96

**broken link removed**

on the 555 the loose pin might be the on the + goes to, i dont know these names are diferent...

so i do this and works... But the LED blinks too fast? How do i make it go slower? larger capacitor? its making me mad xD

P.S the resistor and wire going upwards are connected...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't draw the simple 555 oscillator circuit wrong. It won't work the way you drew it.
If you want it to blink the LED slower then use a larger capacitor or larger value resistors.

I added an important supply bypass capacitor that all battery-powered circuits should have.

Attachments

• 555 circuit again.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 166

well it works... and the 555 doesnt heat up or anything... very high frequencies though... eyes cant tell the diference if the LED is blinking or not... so i used a buzzer helps loads... ok so ill put that extra capacitor on ground and that other thingy, what is that exactly for though?

well it works... eyes cant tell the difference if the LED is blinking or not...
Do you see the difference between your circuit and my circuit? My circuit is in the datasheet for the 555.

R3 in your circuit does nothing. The capacitor charges in 200ms (5 times per second) then discharges so quickly that the LED appears to be turned on all the time.
My circuit flashes the LED about 8 times per second and the LED is turned on for about 2/3rds of the time and is turned off for 1/3rd of the time of each cycle.

In my circuit if you increase the value of R3 to 10k ohms then the LED will blink about 2 times per second and the LED will be turned on almost half the time of each cycle.

i have doubt in d corrected ckt!
why have u left d CONT pin not connected anything?
i mean as far as d ckts i have seen they will b grounded through a capacitor!
can u clear my doubt?
am having another doubt! will changing the values of resistors affect the circuit?

Last edited:
The 555 does not always need a capacitor to ground on its CONT pin. The capacitor is useful if the supply voltage varies all over the place.

ok! thank you for your help!
can u answer the second question please?

Last edited:
I already told you that when you increase the vaue of R3 then the oscillator will run slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…