Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Camera Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR44844

Hi

I am trying to build a wireless camera, but I have no idea about wireless communication.

my project is going to have:

- CMOS imager sensor --> transmitter --> reciever --> image processor ----> display

I am looking for the smallest transmitter in the market, but I couldn't find any on the web.

Thanks

Not a good idea, I'm pretty sure you can buy a ready built unit for less than it would cost to make one.

You might be able to buy a camera the outputs a standard PAL signal and a transmitter that accepts a standard PAL signal and connect them together but it isn't worth building everything from scratch.

Your best bet is to check out the home security section of your local DIY store.

I am using the nRF24L01 2.4GHz ISM Band transceiver in a few of my projects, with a good antenna, and possibly a RF amplifier, I have heard of ranges of 4000m.

Anyways, at shorter ranges it has a maximum throughput of 2mbit, it even has some built in transmission protocols like automatic packet retransmission. It has multiple channels, and multiple "connections" per channel, I think its 6 connections per channel. It uses SPI to communication with a microcontroller and has multiple 32byte TX/RX FIFO buffers.

I will be using one to send data from a Gameboy camera, then I might work my way up to a CMUcam v3 when I can afford it.

Sparkfun sells these in the Wireless section under the Nordic subsection.

Wireless camera transmitters and receivers:
**broken link removed**
adaminc, the original poster said, 'I have no idea about wireless communication". Think you're on a different wavelength.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back