Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1N4148 - Anything better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No, unless it is push pull.. the diode goes across the inductive load in reverse of normal direction, rated for same current and forms a smaller current loop.
2. No, unless just used at low rates as all diodes have capacitance.

Depending on speed diode must be a fast recovery type Schottky. The normal Body diode unless a zener does not protect for overvoltage because the diode is in reverse connected to Drain instead of V+ for low side switch.
Ok. Thanks
But for question 1, you said no "unless its push pull..."
So how do I place the diode in push pull cos I do push pull application for people?.
And I play around sometimes
Also it has to be a zener right or will an ordinary diode do in this configuration..

Ok. Thanks
But for question 1, you said no "unless its push pull..."
So how do I place the diode in push pull cos I do push pull application for people?.
And I play around sometimes
Also it has to be a zener right or will an ordinary diode do in this configuration..
Push-pull means complementary or half bridge driver.

I use mine on a full bridge.
Max.
Then you would still need a zener if bipolar or diode across coil to V+ , if unipolar for fast low side turn-off +ve transients.. Right?

I use a hi speed Schottky as example here **broken link removed**
The internal diode is traditionally fairly small and not that fast.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back